The Behind-The-Scenes Sarah Dunn Photos We Can’t Stop Looking At / Marie Claire UK July 2014 feature
British photographer Sarah Dunn is renowned for her glossy portraits of the world’s biggest stars – from Keira Knightley to Jack Nicholson. But before she gets down to business, she likes to have some behind-the-scenes fun with a Widelux panoramic camera.
Now showing in a new exhibition, called Wide-Eyed, here are some of Sarah’s favorite shots from the series:
Ewan McGregor, Los Angeles, 2002
Ewan and I were having dinner in LA, and I mentioned I’d just bought a camera, my first Widelux. So he invited me on to his film set the next day to try it out – he was shooting Down with Love with Renée Zellweger. This was my first, and still my favourite, shot on the Widelux.
Liv Tyler, New York City, 2003
This was shot for a Lord of the Rings portfolio. Liv was the last person we photographed. It was a project that snowballed, and she was so happy to be there and take part.
Michael Fassbender, London, 2012
We were backstage at an awards show, it had been ten years since I first photographed Michael, and we were reminiscing about our first shoot in my tiny north London flat.
Rosamund Pike, London, 2013
We were in a spooky house in east London. Rosamund sat down for a drink of water and suddenly it was so chic and glamorous. The Widelux is an amazing tool for recording the chaos around the calm.
Jennifer Hudson, London, 2011
It was an unusually hot spring day, so Jennifer and I ran up to the roof. I love that this camera records everything around the subject – it’s a nice memento of how to improvise.
(For full list, please click HERE)
AUGUST is looking for someone to join our team! Details below.
Job Description for AUGUST Associate Sales & Research Position:
The primary focus of this position is licensing, research, and customer service.
This position is responsible for handling the majority of research requests from AUGUST clients as well as some licensing transactions with select content, customers and territories.
· A solid understanding of pop culture and contemporary media as related to client needs and requests.
· Sterling level of customer service and excellent follow up skills.
· Ability to handle multiple research requests and adhere to deadlines.
· A competent understanding of image licensing and the value of high-level portraiture, beauty and lifestyle content.
· The desire to stay alert of changes and opportunities within our industry and communicate them to the team.
· The ability to craft presentations and new content offerings to clients as well as assistance with AUGUST social media.
Position will have other duties assigned as necessary.
· Appreciation of the craft and affinity for the photography profession.
· Prefer a minimum of 2 years of syndication agency experience, or in the photography market with duties that included: image licensing, production related to syndication, customer service, picture research, and intellectual property rights.
· Prefer experience in the entertainment, public relations, magazine, or photography industry. Prior production experience also beneficial.
· In-depth knowledge of pop culture.
· In-depth knowledge of digital technology and production techniques.
· Knowledge of magazine production and editorial needs.
· Bachelor of Arts Degree.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are essential.
· Attention to detail and quality a must.
· Must be able to take action effectively with a minimum of direction when working as a part of a team and work well independently as needed.
· Follow up is equally imperative to ensure successful execution of assignments and continuing client and photographer satisfaction. A positive, enthusiastic, team player that is flexible, and capable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must be computer literate Microsoft Office applications in a Mac environment. Knowledge of PhotoShop a must. Keynote and HTML experience also a plus.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org